Epic Excursions was founded by Ian and Kristi Balding in 2017. They’ve always had a love for travel and adventure, and dreamt of having a business together that centered around the water lifestyle. A different type of service business that incorporates some of the activities that they enjoy doing on vacation in the caribbean islands, while tying in the fun, laid back adventures that they’ve enjoyed for years right here in their home waters!
They wanted to “do it right”, as they say. Put simply in their own words, “We want our customers to feel like they’re hanging out with friends. Friends who know how to "do it right" from years of doing it for their own enjoyment.” They’re hoping to provide new, adventurous experiences for vacationers, families, and groups looking for something different and exciting to do, that’s “outside the box”!
Ian is a life long surfer and paddleboarder, and has been building custom surfboards and paddleboards for the last 18 years. And Kristi, has always had a love for planning travel and group events. Together they’ve decided to incorporate Ian's custom boards and Kristi's talent for planning, into this uniqueness that is Epic Excursions. From boating, to paddling and surfing, to glamping, and even customized events, Ian and Kristi have created fun, unique experiences that they hope you’ll agree are truly EPIC!
What's Provided On the Boat?
- A smiling captain!
- Cooler stocked with ice and water
- Custom built Ian Balding boards for paddle boarding and surf charters
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Child and adult size life jackets
- Ladder for water entry on boat
- Canopy for rain/sun protection
- Freshwater rinse hose
What To Bring?
- We will have a cooler with ice. Bring any desired food or beverages. Or if you wish to stop at a restaurant along the way, please let us know at the start of your charter.
- Alcoholic drinks are allowed with a valid identification. Captain reserves the right to stop the charter due to unruly behavior due to intoxication.
Where Do We Get Picked Up?
- We pick up at the Wrightsville Beach Public Boat Ramp unless you are staying at house with a private dock. If that's the case, we can likely arrange for pick up at your dock.
What Is The Weather Policy?
- Charters or Glamping cancelled in advance (within 72 Hours) due to weather will be given a “Rain Check” to reschedule.
- Charters cancelled during a cruise due to weather in the first half of the charter will receive a “Rain Check” to reschedule, and will not receive a "Rain Check if cancellation occurs during the second half of the charter.
- No refunds, ONLY Rainchecks are given for weather-induced cancellations.
- Full refund if cancelled before 72 hours of excursion.
- 0% refund will be given for cancellations within 72 hours of your excursion.
Glamping Cancellation Policy:
- 90% of paid booking refundable when cancelled 45 days prior to arrival date or earlier.
- 50% of paid booking will be refunded when cancelled 30 days before arrival date.
- 0% refundable within 72 hours of booking.