Epic Excursions was founded by Ian and Kristi Balding in 2017. They’ve always had a love for travel and adventure, and dreamt of having a business together that centered around the water lifestyle. A different type of service business that incorporates some of the activities that they enjoy doing on vacation in the caribbean islands, while tying in the fun, laid back adventures that they’ve enjoyed for years right here in their home waters!
They wanted to “do it right”, as they say. Put simply in their own words, “We want our customers to feel like they’re hanging out with friends. Friends who know how to "do it right" from years of doing it for their own enjoyment.” They’re hoping to provide new, adventurous experiences for vacationers, families, and groups looking for something different and exciting to do, that’s “outside the box”!
Ian is a life long surfer and paddleboarder, and has been building custom surfboards and paddleboards for the last 18 years. And Kristi, has always had a love for planning travel and group events. Together they’ve decided to incorporate Ian's custom boards and Kristi's talent for planning, into this uniqueness that is Epic Excursions. From boating, to paddling and surfing, to glamping, and even customized events, Ian and Kristi have created fun, unique experiences that they hope you’ll agree are truly EPIC!
What's Provided On the Boat?
- A fun captain with lots of knowledge and boating skills!
- Cooler stocked with ice and water
- Custom built Ian Balding boards for paddle boarding and surf charters
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Child and adult size life jackets
- Ladder for water entry on boat
- Canopy for rain/sun protection
What To Bring?
- We will have a cooler with ice. Bring any desired food or beverages. Or if you wish to stop at a restaurant along the way, please let us know at the start of your charter.
- Alcoholic drinks are allowed with a valid identification. Captain reserves the right to stop the charter due to unruly behavior due to intoxication.
Where Do We Get Picked Up?
- We pick up at the Wrightsville Beach Public Boat Ramp unless you are staying at house with a private dock. If that's the case, we can likely arrange for pick up at your dock.
What Is The Weather Policy?
- Boat Charters or Glamping cancelled within 72 hours of trip due to inclement weather will be given a “Rain Check” to reschedule.
- Boat Charters cancelled during a cruise due to weather in the first half of the charter will receive a “Rain Check” to reschedule, and will not receive a Rain Check if cancellation occurs during the second half of the charter.
- No refunds, ONLY Rain Checks are given for weather-induced cancellations.
Making a reservation ensures your space for chosen adventure. Making a deposit and/ or paying for your excursion in full is our commitment from you that you will be participating in a scheduled adventure with us, and we hold that space for you. If you fail to show up for your scheduled excursion or cancel very close to the trip date, it is not guaranteed that we can fill the space for another group/participant.
- Full refund if cancelled before 72 hours of excursion.
- 0% refund will be given for cancellations within 72 hours of your scheduled excursion.
Glamping & Camping Packages:
- 90% of paid booking refundable when cancelled 30+ days prior to scheduled date or earlier.
- 50% of paid booking will be refunded when cancelled 14-29 days before scheduled date.
- 0% refundable 0-14 days of booking.
- If your glamping excursion must be cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be given a "rain check" and your trip will be moved to another date.
Cancellation Fees for Groups, Corporate & Invoiced Excursions:
For Cancellations received.....
- 30+ days prior to the scheduled excursion: 25% of the excursion cost
- 14-29 days prior to scheduled excursion: 50% of the excursion cost
- 0-14 days prior to scheduled excursion: 100% of the excursion cost
- In the event of inclement weather, your deposit and excursion will be transferred to another date.